Monday 4 May 2015

Not bank holiday Monday

Today was not the Bank Holiday here, Friday, Mayday was. I lazed around until mid afternoon then walked into town, dutifully fulfilling my daily 5-6km exercise quota, toting my Sony Alpha 55 DSLR for the first time since I've been here. Two weeks unused, its battery had dropped to 70% and needed topping up. Not surprising, I didn't buy the camera new, and goodness knows how much it had seen before I acquired it, two and a half years ago. I'm still learning how to manage the Tamron 18-270 all purpose telephoto lens I bought at the end of January. For anyone used to handling a compact super zoom camera, equipment thrice the size and weight is a challenge, but worth the effort, as the quality of the photos it produces is superior to the kit lenses that came with the camera.

I re-visited the chapel of Our Lady of Sorrows on the Plaza Ermita in the Calle San Miguel and this time took some photos there.
Not only Our Lady, but also St Nicholas (with three children at his feet), Jesus Cautivo popular throughout Andlausia and Sta Teresa de Avila, honoured by the church for her spiritual teaching as a Doctora de la Iglesia, and an icon of Christian feminism, given her campaigning for reform in the sixteenth century cuonter-reformation church
I paused on my way back to take photos from the Balcon de Europa of Calahonda beach below on the north side, observing a young African street trader attempting to sell watches to sunbathers, taking time out. Such persistence, such faith! I wonder how often he makes a sale?

No comments:

Post a Comment