Thursday 19 August 2010

Senior moment

I was booked to meet David Lee for coffee at City URC this morning. Ah, I thought,  I'll pack up some more books I want to dispose of and take them into the Churches Together Bookshop (which is part of the building). The books were so many and so heavy that I took the car instead of the rucksack. Fortunately I was able to borrow a space in the church's own car park. I rushed in with the crate of books, conscious of occupying an assigned space without permission, off-loaded the books, returned to the car with the crate and drove straight home without remembering that I had gone there for coffee to meet someone.

I can't believe in my own lack of attentiveness. Is it a matter of creeping senility or simply the lack of a regular structure to my life in retirement? I don't have to worries any longer. Is that what kept me in focus day after day I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment