Saturday 10 December 2011

Happy to be there

After celebrating Mass at St German's this morning, I took two St Mike's students, 'Becca and Tom, for an introductory visit to Ty Mawr Convent. Rufus another student, joined us there. We joined the Sisters for their Eucharist, then ate a picnic lunch together before I gave them a tour of the grounds I've become familiar with over the thirty five years I've been visiting there. 

The rain and wind held off, so we then went for a walk down the lane into the valley to Whitebrook and back, enjoying the tranquil beauty of the scenery for an hour and a half before our journey home. Just right really for an afternoon's extended conversation about varieties of monasticism. This little area is one of my favourite places in the world. I'm always happy to be there.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment