Saturday 16 June 2012

Family weekend

At the CBS office yesterday we received information about applicants for the part time secretarial job, part of our long term development plans for the past year. With my imminent departure for Spain, the process has mysteriously accelerated into life after waiting a month to hear if our overtures to the Council's internal staffing agency 'Cardiff Works' were being taken seriously. It seems we can proceed with interviews as early as Monday next - good news indeed.

This morning, we awoke to another rainy Saturday, dampening prospects for the Steiner kindergarten summer fair. After breakfast I drove Clare over to the school in Roath. Then I shopped for organic veg at the Roath Farmers Market, before returning home to await the arrival of Kath and Rhiannon, after they'd dropped Anto off for a band rehearsal. 

We returned to the school for lunch with Clare, and Rhiannon took part in a workshop on circus skills, before they went home, and I went to John Lewis' to pick up the office laptop purchased yesterday. Owain came around to join us for a family supper and an evening of wine, conversation and a little music making. I even got to read Rhiannon a chapter from her latest book, which struck me as being a bit old for an eight year old, but that probably says more about my idea of an eight year old's awareness than it reflects what children today are growing up with. I'd like to have found out more, but you don't do Q&A at bedtime.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment