Wednesday 21 November 2012

Clearing the desks before travelling

This time next week I'll be on my way to Sicily for a month's locum duties. There's lots to get done before departure. Next term's College Thursday preaching rota is almost done, but I have the regular chapel services rota to get started on. I have the next edition of the CBS newsletter to prepare, reporting on last Friday's stakeholder meeting and the first batch of invoices for 2012-2014 RadioNet subscriptions to generate via mail-merge - always a fiddly job because of the imperfect nature of our database, built up as we've gone along. 

Today I had a look at the Sage Accounts package which is proposed for use next year. I wanted to find out how much (if any) of our historic data could be imported by way of an Excel spreadsheet. Apart from user addresses and file system references, none of the previous information can be absorbed, so it will just have to become a desktop reference archive until all the accounts in it are paid up to date or closed definitively. I'm glad we now have Julie to work on CBS accounts and learn to make the most of a new system. There are new things for me to do instead.

Oh yes, there's one more thing. The annual Christmas round-robin has to be written and printed off, cards bought, labels done and an eGreeting card and letter prepared to be sent electronically to far flung places. Will I get it all done in time?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment