Saturday 20 April 2013

Saturday snaps

We didn't do much yesterday apart from take a routine afternoon stroll around Bute Park, sunny and mild at last. I experimented with the best way to photograph new foliage in bright light, but found the auto settings of the two cameras I played with less than easy to work with. In the process, I lost a pair of reading glasses which I had to take on and off in order to use the viewfinder. I haven't yet worked out the most convenient way to arrange my kit so that I feel in control of what I'm doing. Using a small compact camera or a phone camera is very much easier, but I persist with the high power kit hopeful of more interesting results. Here's the one I was most pleased with:-
And this one too, which the Sony Alpha 55 DSLR took in its stride while my capable little compact camera struggled to get right - in my hands - because it has a focus tracking device which didn't quite explain its usefulness in action.
I was out in St Timothy's Ely for the Eucharist by nine this morning, after a longer than usual night's sleep. I collected Clare from St Catherine's to go to Riverside Market for our weekly organic veggies and cheese. Then I cooked lunch and did little else apart from some reading for the rest of the day. Saving my energies for a trip to Geneva next weekend.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment