Thursday 16 October 2014

Meetings

I went into town this morning to attend a RadioNet Users Group meeting and take minutes. At the end, I went back to the CBS office, and wrote them up while my memory was fresh. I haven't done this for a good while, and was pleased to find that it wasn't too difficult to do quickly and satisfactorily, so I was on my way home again at lunchtime.

In the afternoon I went up to St Mike's to meet up with Fr Hywel Davies to brief him on the short weekend we'll have together when he comes to take over from me as locum chaplain for Costa del Sol East at the end of this month. He arrives Saturday evening, so I have Sunday to show him around and introduce him to people. Then on Monday, I leave for Vinaros, via Madrid and Valencia, as there's no direct route up the coast. The rail track bed is complete, but the construction project ran out of runs to lay track and finish the job. How frustrating for the regional holiday economy. It was good to see the College again, running along quietly and happily under Fr Mark's Clavier's leadership. I caught a glimpse of him in the distance, about his business, but we were both busy at the time.

Clare returned from swimming with a pair of fat mackerel bought in the Central Market, one of my favourite fish, to cook and eat. I see on the fishmonger's slab less often in the Costa del Sol. There are so many more local varieties to choose from out there, I guess. Tomorrow is my last day before returning. I keep checking to see if I've done everything needed to keep my affairs in order. Time passes so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment