Tuesday 4 August 2015

Keep on taking the pills

I went to our GP surgery this morning for my six monthly hypertension review test - one of the hazards of old age. My blood pressure was worryingly high, but the cause of this was clear to me at least. I stopped taking the diuretic pill while I was in Spain as I was sweating so much, and waking up dry mouthed at night. It took me a good while to get hydration balance correct. Another trial of old age. When I returned from hotter climes, I didn't restart the diuretic although the adjustment to cooler temperatures means I don't need to drink as much to much to compensate.

I thought I'd wait until this morning's test. I wasn't really surprised, as I noticed I muzzy head in the morning, which cleared but slowly as the day went on, and only if I was physically active. Whatever else the little white pills do, they help prevent the body storing toxins. So, as soon as I got home, I took a pill, and within hours my head cleared. By evening my blood pressure measured almost normal again. However, I have been given an urgent appointment with the GP on Friday - just in case it's something else - fair enough.

After lunch Rachel and I drove up Thatcham in Berkshire to deliver Jasmine to her dad for their flight back to America. Happily, we have Rachel for another ten days. On the return journey we called on Amanda and James in Southmead. It was the first time Rachel and Amanda have been together for three years. Time flies. Thank heavens for Skype and Gmail.

No comments:

Post a Comment