Wednesday 13 April 2016

Settling in

Breakfast on the terrace in the sun to start the day, then a leisurely walk to the Castello and down to the port for a drink at la Cuna bar restaurant, still an excellent place on the edge of the beach to eat the freshest of fish. While Ann was busying herself writing post cards, I went to explore the nearby retail fish market, branded as I'd not run by the Cofradia de Pescadores, which has its own small chapel on the street next to the market entrance. The complex is not large, but it does have its own adjacent restaurant by the other entrance - food for soul and body - worth exploring some time.  We stayed there so long we ended up staying for lunch and then returning for a siesta.

Later I walked into town again to see if I could find the Casa de Cultura, which houses a library with free wi-fi, plus this week only, an exhibition of artifacts relating to The Spanish Civil War. I was able to do my daily Duolingo drill, just for the sake of continuity. Following the history exhibition was a more substantial challenge however, as is reading the edition of 'El Pais' which I bought this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment