Sunday 15 July 2018

Duty free time in view?

Yesterday morning, Clare and I drove up the A470 to Trelewis to visit Claus and Anna, the Fountain Choir director in their hillside Valleys home. Their back garden is on a steep terraced slope, which mounts as high as the roof of the house. The highest level contains his and her sheds. Claus's is an arts and crafts workshop and Anna's is her private practice counselling room. In between they have a table and some chairs, under a large umbrella, with space for a barbecue behind. This was where we had lunch al fresco, and then sat and chatted all afternoon.

Meanwhile back at home Owain arrived to see Rachel, and they went together to Penarth, as Owain was very keen to visit the sea. He stayed the night, so when we returned, we were able to spend the evening together.

This morning, I celebrated the eight o'clock at St John's and then the ten thirty Eucharist at St Catherines's. Emma Rees begins work as Team Vicar in the Benfice the week after next. I have two more rounds of midweek celebrations to perform, but these were my last Sunday interregnum duties in the Parish for now. Next Sunday, all three churches close and the congregations attend Cathedral worship, as Fr Mark is Canon in Residence. The Sunday after is a united Benefice service, and I'm not required for either of these. Two free Sundays in a row! I've had two other duty free Sundays this year so far, it's been that busy. 

I learned this morning that my former Team Vicar colleague Jenny Wigley retires today. I've done locum cover for her in Radyr on several occasions in times past, and preached Holy Week there. I wonder if I'll be recruited to help out for this interregnum? I've nothing lined up for when I return from Montreux, but I'd prefer to wait and see what comes to me. Much as I enjoy what I do, I think I may benefit from a change of pace, and maybe would benefit from a little more leisure time - if only I could think what I'd really like to be doing that I'm not doing now.  


No comments:

Post a Comment