Saturday 15 May 2021

Virtuoso video

Another lazy Saturday morning. A lie-in then pancakes. Departure of clergy means not only additional church services to undertake, but also on-line reflections and Morning Prayer slots to fill. The Parish is fortunate to have three retired clergy as well as Fr Rhys as a self supporting priest. Together with several laity we'll be able to keep up a reduced offer on-line until Mthr Frances returns and reviews the changed situation.

I had an email this morning from Andy and Michelle, whose wedding I did four years ago, the christened their first born. A second child was born before lock-down, and it became impossible to organise a second christening. Now restrictions are easing, it's possible to work towards a summer date for the christening. It depends on continued progress in keeping contained the fast spreading Indian virus variant. Over the next few days news media is likely to obsess on the matter of whether or not progress to open up will need to be halted.

After lunch, I walked down to the Bay Wetland nature reserve. There weren't many birds around, although I did see a couple of stopover Brent Geese, some swallows, and a strange all black pidgeon. I got several photos of a couple practicing Aikido in Hamadryad Park. My wound got rather uncomfortable after I had walked for an hour and a half, so I caught the number six bus back to the centre, and the the 122 Tonypandy Bus back to Pontcanna.

After supper we watched and listened to a recording of a 'live' concert with a small audience at RWCMD of Chopin piano works, played superbly by Llyr Williams. We used Clare's computer to stream it, and sat on the bed opposite side by side, as if we were young students again. Llyr's playing was masterly in technique and powerful in emotional expression. So refreshing and inspiring. 

Then, some time before bed uploading photos, and maintaining photo files on my desktop workstation. I am particularly bothered by the slowness of Windows 10 in loading programs, and managing files. It's got worse in the two years since I bought it. I will end up converting it to Linux at this rate. I an't see how I could get it to run any faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment