Monday 3 May 2021

Ibiza Good News

Oh dear, grey skies, rain and blustery winds for Bank Holiday Monday. I forgot what day it was and went down to Tourotech this morning to buy Clare a new laptop, capable of running Zoom conferences without melt-down. The store was shut, as were all the businesses just about on Cowbridge Road East. It looked just like another winter day in lock-down

I was delighted to receive a message from Rosi Todd in Ibiza this morning, announcing the name of their new Chaplain Adrian Green, a Church of Ireland parish priest working currently in East Belfast. He'll start his ministry there in mid-July, after a two year long vacancy, and a year with not even a locum chaplain. Yet, they've held together and continued with lay led services on-line and more recently as lock-down has lifted at Can Truy retreat centre. A credit to the Gospel, and to their patience for sure. 

We had mussels again, with rice and spinach from the garden for lunch. Then I went for a walk, dressed in full rain-gear, defying the heavens to pour on me. It rained as I turned for home, but the wind was more of a challenge, blowing dead twigs out of the trees and covering the ground with pink and white blossom. Then, an hour spent editing my Parish WhatsApp reflections for next week. It was worth the effort, as I now have them all down to just about same length on the page. Next step, record the audio version. After supper, I indulged myself with three episodes of NCIS back to back. Nothing better to do. How dull. 

No comments:

Post a Comment