A good eight hours of sleep last night. I hope this reflects recovery from the vicious cycle of lost sleep over the past month. Better sleep means a less distressing effect from the medication. I took advantage of this to walk up and down Llandaff Fields mid-morning. Rachel joined me and we did chi gong exercises under in the shadow of the trees.
Clare needed persuading by Rachel and I not to pursue a conversation with a tele-sales person with whom she made contact about installing solar panels. She forgot that last year we didn't pursue a solar installation project because the orientation of Meadow Street roofing doesn't offer optimum exposure for solar panels, even for new generation high efficiency panels. If the return on investment was attractive enough there would be many houses with panels installed in the street but none are visible. House owners are investing in loft conversions and roof re-tiling. The evidence for adoption isn't there.
It's warm and cloudy today with an occasional shower of rain before lunch and a more prolonged shower after. It's much needed as the turf is parched. It'll be interesting to see the colour transformation as the grass absorbs water. I've been fairly inactive today, though not due to the distressing drowsiness of recent weeks, which has made me anxious sometimes. Worry free rest and relaxation is what I need most now.
After supper we made music again, with the three of us playing together. Rachel, inspired by watching the Eisteddfod on telly, learning a few melodies known to Clare and I, including how to sing and play 'Calon Lan'. I notice how stiff my hands and wrists are. With Rachel being here I've played guitar more than I have done for months. My hands are stiff from exercising them. An hour of playing was very enjoyable, but enough of an effort, mental and physical, to make me wind down and start my bedtime routine by half past nine.
No comments:
Post a Comment