I didn't sleep well due to pain in my lower bowel keeping me awake, then when I got up, diarrhea associated with the medication, so a slow start to the day. Thankfully the bum wound continues to heal. Coincidentally I had a message from the GP surgery to book an appointment to discuss my recent referral - but which one? I hope it's about the medication. I phoned to arrange one after breakfast and will have to wait a fortnight to find out.
A walk to the shops before lunch to buy swabs and a Cayenne pepper refill. Clare bought Cayenne pepper on her shopping trip, another co-incidence.
After lunch, I went to the Kings Road pharmacy with a prescription renewal request for blood pressure medication. It won't be ready until Friday. I remembered this in good time with a week's supply in hand. Renewal of various meds aren't synchronised, so I need to be vigilant about stock taking.
Next Monday it'll be a year since the stroke. I wrote a reflective piece on the life changing nature of the experience and the end of my public ministry, to post on the Parish WhatsApp Daily Prayer thread. I don't know if anyone will read it. So few actually listened to my contribution on YouTube that I often wondered if it was worth doing just for its own sake. Servants of God's Word can never be sure if anyone has been listening to them, let alone understood, but it's what we're called to do no matter what the result. That's the nature of giving witness to the mystery of God with us.
Clare went to choir practice at supper time. After eating I completed my daily walk in Llandaff Fields as it was getting dark. Being out at this time of evening awakens memories of the early weeks of living with the stroke when I went out and walked at dusk in an effort to establish how limiting the effect of visual impairment would be. Despite my apprehension I risked the possibility of getting myself into trouble, losing my way, falling or banging into something un-noticed and injuring myself. Only once did I bruise my left arm, bumping into the projecting edge of a gateway parapet.
I found a Spanish crimmie to watch on Walter Presents, a story set in Marbella showcasing its reputation as the capital of the 'costa del crime'. A bit far fetched, but I enjoyed listening to the dialogue and being able to follow most of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment