Admittedly I did go to bed late last night but lost more sleep from emptying my full bladder five times and waking up early, thinking or was it dreaming about a disposing of a stamp collection which was given to me by the late Mary Setna, an international civil servant and member of the congregation in Geneva when she was downsizing near the end of her life. The intention was that I should use the collection to raise funds for charity.
I have no knowledge of the world of stamps, but the collection includes French, Swiss and American issues relating to the United Nations. I didn't know how to go about selling in Switzerland, nor when we returned to Wales. They remain packaged the way I received them. It's been on my to-do list to complete the task for twenty five years. Shame on me. Possibly the collection will be worth more now than when I acquired it. How strange that unfinished business from so long ago should emerge from my unconscious mind. It may be easier now to find out what I needed to know back then, thanks to the wide range of information available on the internet. We'll see.
I swapped almond for soya milk with my breakfast oats, and felt much better as a result - more alert, less sleepy, less fuzzy headed. I wish I'd realised this a year ago, when brain fog and mental fatigue were simply attributed to the stroke. Santander Bank notified me of the need to renew an ISA or have the money revert to a low interest basic account, as happened last month with a savings account - a sort of financial coercion to shift your money around. It's all a bit beyond me how this is meant to work. I went to the bank in town and asked for help. It made sense in the end, and money I don't need to use is now in an ISA that won 't need attention for two years.
When I looked at my account on-line at home, I could see that a small sum of interest was all that remained in an easy access account, the interest being added after the deposit sum was transferred to another account. I transferred this small sum into my current account, to prove to myself that I can manage online banking. Having said that, finding information about terms and conditions for a variety of possible accounts wasn't immediately obvious to me as a relatively new user. I asked the 'Sandi' bot for help. It delivered the information, but I didn't find the highly structured interface user friendly. It may be as good as it gets, but my mind doesn't work quite like that.
A refund cheque from British Gas Services arrived in the morning mail in response to my complaint about an over enthusiastic insurance contract sign up response back in the summer when Clare contacted them with a maintenance and repair query we then didn't need to pursue. It seems to be for the equivalent of the cancellation fee Clare paid. Something went awry early on, as the system presumed our account was active and sent emails and letters urging us to book a gas service appointment as if we were still clients. I deposited the cheque in my HSBC account at the Post Office after lunch, and sent a message stating that the cheque had been received and banked. Hopefully this brings closure to the affair.
At the end of today I'm surprised at the difference not using almond milk has made to me. Not only a clear head, but feeling calmer, more relaxed. My body doesn't have to work overtime trying to process almond milk, a concentrated form of protein. I feel less stressed because my digestive system is less stressed.
After supper I watched another episode of 'Wisting' to end the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment