Thursday 18 October 2012

A working St Luke's Day

Following a brisk walk to the doctor's surgery to get my annual 'flu injection, I went into town for a CBS RadioNet user group meeting - my first since returning from foreign parts. I was no longer required for minute taking as our secretary Julie was there, so I looked after tea and coffee, and then sat down to listen to catch up on local security affairs. The city centre neighbourhood policing team membership has, over the summer, changed personnel completely, but no member was present at the meeting, nor was there any apology. How they expect to get to listen to what their partners on the commercial security 'front line' have to say, if the only time they ever meet is when there's an emergency going on, I don't understand. Thankfully. there was a police officer from the CCTV camera room present - putting a face to the voice was much appreciated.

After the meeting I worked on a business plan report for much of the afternoon, and then left for College in good time to prepare to celebrate the St Luke's Day Eucharist, at which Rosemary Aldis preached about one of her favourite saints. As it was a feast day I stayed for supper and chatted to senior student Lorraine and her kids over the dinner table. Then it was time to drive to Penarth for my Tai Chi class, thankfully none the worse for the 'flu injection. So, after class, it was back to work until late, revising the CBS business plan in the light of up to date financial information.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment