Saturday 18 April 2015

Preparations

I drove Clare over to the University Opthalmology centre in Cathays yesterday morning for a routine eye test. After dropping her off, I did some shopping in the neighbouring Lidl store, then went over to Newport Road in Roath to do a bereavement visit in preparation for a funeral Monday next. I had difficulty finding the address, as there was street signage on one side of Newport road, but not on the other - the street I was looking for crossed the main road - thankfully I had my Blackberry phone with me to help establish exactly where I was.

This afternoon we went to Penarth and walked along the coast path for a mile. It's Clare's longest since the operation. Progress has been slow but encouraging. With less than a week to go to departure for Nerja, I started preparing for the trip by collecting all the necessary travel documents and putting them in the rucksack where I expect to find them when I'm ready to go.

Part of my preparation to leave is preparing food to go in the freezer for Clare to use as she needs to, in the period while she is recovering full use of her right arm. It's amazing how she's adapted to using her left since she's been strapped up. It's been a pleasure to cook a series of meals with enough to eat plus an extra portion to freeze. Portion control is always a challenge when cooking if you're down-sizing after a family visit, or trying to moderate food intake and lose weight. The next challenge will be when I get to Nerja, reverting to cooking sensibly for one, or else as has previously been my habit, to cook for two days at a time, and eat the same thing twice in a row.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment