Tuesday 9 August 2022

Post covid catch-up

I woke up early and as it was on my mind, I drafted a wedding anniversary blessing service for a couple I'll meet for the first time at San Pedro this Friday. Fortunately. I have easy access to my liturgical archive files on-line, and I enjoy adapting old material for use in a new situation.

I collected Patricia after breakfast to drive to the coffee morning at Sabinillas. There were only four of us, many people aren't around at the moment. It was cool and cloudy early on and there was a haze over the sea, which made me wonder if my eyes were worse than usual. We stayed for less than an hour, and on the way back did the weekly grocery shopping at Mercadona. Patricia shops for herself and for Rose, as it's a big hassle for her to shop unaccompanied in a wheelchair. Getting someone else to shop for bulk items is preferable for her. When she ventures out with her little car and wheelchair, she likes to be as independent as she can, but that rules out any heavy lifting.

It was time to cook another dish that will last me several days when I got back. I bought some celery, as I remembered an Florentine sugo recipe I saw on a telly cooking programme. Finely chopped onion, carrot and celery cooked in oil before adding tomatoes and mushrooms, or whatever. I wonder if I cooked it for long enough as there was a certain crunchiness about the result, thought this wasn't unpleasant. It'll get some more cooking tomorrow. Great with pasta, meat or fish. Great to experiment.

The one thing I forgot on this morning's shopping list was soya milk, so I had to walk to Carrefour and get some before my sunset stroll along the shore. An email came in about a Christening on my last Sunday here, so before settling down for the night, I responded to the request - another instance of a family catching up on essentials post covid. It's lovely to think these things still matter to some parents, given the drastic decline in Christian adherence across Europe this past forty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment