Thursday 3 May 2012

Match Thursday

A postcard from Cuba arrived this morning, sent by Kath, Anto and Rhiannon during their trip there in early December last year. Who dares complain about the Royal Mail in comparison to that?

I had my second lunchtime visit of the week to Thornhill Crematorium to take another funeral, standing in for my former colleague Jenny Wigley. He's on leave this week and so is her curate Chris Colton, also a former colleague of mine, who is on holiday with her husband Martin in Equador. I stand in for him at St Catherine's our local Parish church on Sunday morning.

Following a visit to St Mike's to see a student about their annual report, I went to the office for an hour before supper, then drove to Penarth for my usual Tai Chi session. On the way home, I unwittingly took a route which led me into the thick of departing football spectator traffic, on foot and in cars, just as the City stadium in Leckwith was emptying. I knew the match was on, but thought it would be finished by the time I was passing, not having registered that it was a late kick-off. This delayed my homecoming by forty minutes. I'll know better next time.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment