Wednesday 26 September 2012

Festivities anticipated

I slept for a long time, still catching up after travelling home. It takes a couple of days to adjust. Then I prepared a short homily for this evening's Mass before going to get the car from the garage.  Despite its great age it sailed through its MOT. I could then go to the main Post Office and tax it for the year, before visiting the office for a CBS catch up business session with Ashley. Although we've stayed well in touch via Skype while I've been in Spain, there are still some account enquiries best tackled hands on at the office computer.

The afternoon flew by, and soon I had to return home to collect Clare and go up to St Mike's to celebrate and preach at the Patronal festival Eucharist, with full solemnity, in a nicely balanced mix of English and Welsh prayers and hymns, to set a bi-lingual tone for such high holy days. I thoroughly enjoyed the liturgy, and felt that I was in a way paying homage to priests and teachers who were there in this place helping to shape me for a ministry that has been my life's work over the past forty years or so.

We returned home, and Owain joined us to take Clare out for supper at the Conway in anticipation of her coming birthday, as he is off to Cologne to a deejay gig this coming weekend, and will miss the day. The food was good, so was the beer, but I don't enjoy eating with a high level of background noise, even if the pub renounces the din of background music in an effort to make it congenial for diners.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment