Sunday 10 March 2013

Mothering Sunday

Sunday morning in Kenilworth. I rose early and walked briskly against a chill wind to attend the eight o'clock Communion, as I do when I have a weekend off up here. The service was taken by the Suffragan Bishop of Warwick. Vicar Richard Awre has just gone on sabbatical, Kath told me later. The Curate has also just left, so maintaining the pastoral round in a busy parish is going to be challenging for someone to organise. I don't imagine they'll get the Bishop every week.

Everyone apart from Rhiannon were late rising. Rhiannon prepared the breakfast table and put one of her special hand made cards out for Kath, as it's 'Mother's Day' in their world. It was a modest meal, as it was to be followed by an early lunch before our departure - Clare had a meeting to attend in Bristol at tea time, so we had to be disciplined about our timing. We had an excellent celebratory Italian meal at Zizzi's, now a family favourite, although it was my first visit there. In Kenilworth, the restaurant chain has taken over a large pub and modernised it as a stylish dining space, nicely done.

As we took our leave, the chilly wind continued to send scattered flakes of snow, but no enough to cause any travel anxiety. I delivered Clare in good time for her meeting in Stoke Bishop, in the Helios medical centre just opposite Trinity Theological College, where co-incidentally I visited last week to look at their use of Moodle. I was only a ten minute drive from there to Southmead, so I went over a spent a couple of hours with Amanda and James before driving home, arriving just a few minutes after Clare who'd been offered a lift back with a colleague. Tomorrow morning James' laptop will be collected from College to be repaired, assuming the courier has no problems finding the place. Better there than finding one of us at home for the pick up, as we're both pretty busy these days - if anything too busy.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment