Tuesday 5 March 2013

Moodle progress

Students are back after reading week, so it's back to an early morning start for me. It's getting lighter and now the blackbird is up and singing before I leave the house. Yesterday was fairly undemanding, but today I had a tutors' team meeting to chair in the morning, and another staff group meeting to attend after lunch. This was to plan the first stages of developing the use of Moodle for managing courses and students' work output. 

It's potentially a large complex entity that will need to be prepared and grown piece by piece. The first step will be to use it to arrange a joint Summer School on Key Pastoral Skills for all students, full time and part time. After the meeting I spent an hour and a half exploring properly this time, doing things like adding a photo of myself and expanding profile details, starting a blog record of what I learn as I explore its functions, to record my trial and error approach to learning how to use something new. I also set up a dummy course containing details about the sermon series I've organised at College Evensongs this term. I didn't know how to when I started, but soon got the hang of entering the information. Quite satisfying really.

With one student in bed poorly and another out on an assignment in her placement Parish, there were just three of us to celebrate with Cath her fortieth birthday, with another trip to Coffee #1 in Pontcanna. We had another lively chat in a rather noisy environment - nice and relaxing but not condusive to serious reflection, but we did end with a birthday prayer. Then I dashed home and went off to my regular Chi Gung session before supper.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment