Saturday 31 August 2013

Blackberry time

Thursday and Friday, back to routine sessions at the CBS office, adding incident reports and images to the RadioNet users' crime data secure intranet site. I'm still mastering the technique for doing this, as I don't find it as user friendly as it needs to be for my learning need and success, so my memory of routine tasks tends to fade in between sessions. I may not be as quick to retain things as I used to be, but it might be that a few programming tweaks would - improve site usability significantly. I make brief notes about problems as I go along, but have to re-state with unequivocal clarity what needs to be addressed, so that a memo to the database developers makes sense. Not an easy task if you're unsure you're using the technical terms correctly.

Clare and I went hunting for a new light fitting for our front room on Friday morning, and then got in touch with our friendly electrician Spiro to come around a fit it for us. After a few minutes of consultation, he and Clare agreed it wasn't the right one, so on Saturday morning we took it back and went hunting for another, with our eyes a little more aware second time around of what would and wouldn't work in that space. This time, I think we have something better suited. I wonder what Spiro will think, when he next comes around?

After lunch, we went for our default Saturday afternoon stroll along the Taff through Bute Park for tea at the Secret Garden Cafe. On the way we noticed the first crop of blackberries were ripe enough to collect.
 Thanks to the fact that Clare had a spare plastic bag with her, we collected a kilo between us, and partook of the firstfruits with glad and thankful hearts. Not only blackberries stewed with just a little honey, but also an exquisite mix of blackberries and Victoria plums stewed with a little honey and cinnamon. That'll be fantastic crowned with a crumble mixture for Sunday dinner.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment