Sunday 27 July 2014

Catching up on ourselves

Saturday was every kind of catch up day - blog writing, photo uploading, sermon preparation for the morrow, ringing my eldest sister to talk about next Friday's funeral, and an hour in the office into the bargain. The one bargain I was tempted by in last week's John Lewis sale had been snapped up by someone else, but I'm not bothered. I did by a new 8GB memory card for my Sony HX50, as the one I had from new back in mid February is now full with 1440 photos. No all the originals are worthy of long term storage, but sorting and weeding them in detail is such a painstaking hassle, as looking through them makes me stop and remember things. A new card as such low prices these days is a quick 'n dirty time saver.

I was up early this morning, celebrating the eight o'clock at St Catherine's. I was entrusted with keys to open up, as nobody is willing to take responsibility for getting up early to do the care-taking when they themselves want to go to a later service and have jobs to do beforehand. I got in and opened up OK but couldn't get the lights to work, as there was a master switch I didn't know about, but one of the three members of the congregation discovered the switch and we were spared morning Mass by candlelight. St Catherine's has quite a dark interior. There were thirty again at the 10.30 service and afterwards I bought some courgettes and blackberries from the church garden to add to the good fare which Clare brought home from Riverside Farmers Market after church.

Travel tiredness hit us both after lunch, so we dispensed ourselves from doing anything apart from recovering for the rest of the day, relaxing in summer heat that makes Cardiff feel more like Malaga than Cardiff generally does.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment