Sunday 31 August 2014

In the swim

A late Sunday start, as my only service today was up at Alhaurin. Again we used the old back road up to Mijas, and along the mountain contour. Although it's slower and a less easy drive, it doesn't take any longer to get there. There were twenty of us for the Eucharist, and half stayed for coffee at a different bar in Alhuarin because the nearest one normally used is closed for annual holidays at present.

We returned for a late lunch and siesta, and I ventured into the swimming pool for once, as it was so humid. Now that the end of school holidays is upon us, the coast should get less busy. We've been wondering how long the urbanizacion swimming pool will stay open, before it closes until next spring, but so far, no notice has gone up, and the water filtration system gets turned on for several hours a day. Being outdoors and swimming in the sun for twenty minutes left me feeling slightly singed. I'm not used to exposing my body to that intensity of heat and light. Clare is better adapted to it, as she likes to swim every day, and bask in the shade while she reads a book on her Kindle. Let's hope it stays open until she's due to return to work back in Cardiff.

To my annoyance, I've discovered that I failed to bring my Sony Alpha 55 battery charger with me. Either I must buy a replacement, or send the camera home with Clare. It's not as if it's my only camera. I do have two others with me. I packed it in the hope of learning better how to get the most out of it. It's a great piece of kit, but still fails to win the place in my affection reserved for less prestigious but equally capable cameras that normally travel with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment