Tuesday 18 November 2014

By pass imminent

This morning, I took the car into the garage once more for its annual equivalent of the MOT test, and then walked to El Portico to meet and chat with people. By lunch time the car was conveniently ready for collection, but I didn't get to go for a drive as I'd promised myself because I had emails to write. 

Later in the afternoon, I walked up the Barranco Barbiguera, the next barranco up, which has a narrow road right through to the N340. I reached there as the sun was setting, and stopped for a while to watch the procession of mighty juggernaughts travelling in both directions, so many of them, the pulse in this artery of the European economy.

Things are about to change around Vinaros. A new section of N340-A7 highway a by-pass running from the south side of Benicarlo to the North side of Vinaros after fits and starts in construction over years past is nearing completion. Even in winter the existing road is busy with through traffic much of the time, but in summer, with millions of holiday makers in this region it's a congestion nightmare. The new road will cut around twenty minutes journey time at peak traffic periods.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment