Wednesday 10 June 2015

Handover

Another Wednesday Eucharist at the Church shop, with coffee and conversation to follow, then back for lunch. Then there was an enquiry to deal with from a couple who've booked a wedding blessing, which involved careful explanation of what the conventional Church service offers. It's not unusual for couples to have little experience or understanding of Anglican liturgical custom and practise. If they did, after all, it's more than likley they'd want to get married in their Parish Church at home. Writing a simple account of what we do and why we do it can take ages, but I don't mind, as it's now pretty hot in the afternoons, and better to stay out of the direct sun. I've already got an embarrasing tan, and bothered about over exposure.

As this explanation is for a couple to be blessed by my successor, I sent him a copy, and received an appreciative response, plus a request for a briefing about the ins and outs of locum ministry here. That set me thinking. A useful domestic guide for new house is available to look through when you first arrive, but there's no pastoral hand-over file, something I've come across and helped write in other situations, so in writing to my successor, I'll be starting to assemble a body of information that'll make it easy for others to settle into the role. I have an advantage as this is my fourth stay in Nerja. It will be a good thing to leave behind for others to add to.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment