Tuesday 27 June 2017

Hail and farewell

After yesterday's walking tours of Granada and Nerja, and driving we managed to wake up in good time to catch the bus from outside the apartment to the Alameida so that Owain to take the airport train. He missed one by a minute because three out of the four ticket machines in the station were out of order, but still arrived in good time to clear security and catch his home flight to Bristol with EasyJet. I shall miss his company. The apartment seems so quiet, now I'm on my own again. But never mind, Clare will be here next Tuesday.

There were two loads of washing to do and a small amount of food shopping, also photos to upload and people to write to. Being out early in the day meant I acquired a free newspaper, so I gave that some attention to improve my Spanish comprehension and get used to the peculiar journalistic style of writing. As ever there is so much to learn once you've mastered the basics with another language. All good exercise for an ageing mind. Then, finally a walk in the cool of evening before turning in for the night.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment