Thursday 5 October 2017

Settling in

I promised myself a early walk to the nearby nature reserve lake, but no sooner than I'd got up, I had a phone call from John at Collyfer, one of the region's Funeral Directors, about a funeral in Arboleas Thanatorium next Monday. This will involve a bereavement visit to an outlying village a couple of kilometres from Arboleas, itself a forty minute drive from Mojacar. I tried ringing later on but only got the family's answering machine.

Then, after breakfast I had an hour long catch-up Skype chat with Archdeacon Geoff, filling me in on various items of news, and sounding me out for ideas about a fresh approach to a couple of outstanding issues. That's the benefit of having known each other for twenty five years, since we first worked together.

I decided to go shopping for fruit and veg before making lunch, but it was beyond lunchtime when I got around to walking rather than driving to Mercadona, for the exercise. By the time's I'd cooked, it was nearly tea time, but it didn't matter, as I have no routine established at the moment. Somehow, the evening slipped by as well. 

By the time 'The Archers' was over, it was already dark, and I took off for the beach to take photos of the Harvest full moon rising about the waters, albeit half an hour late. Then I walked up to the road bridge over the nature reserve. In the moonlight could see that it has now a different shape than it had last year. Torrential winter rain breached and carried away the reeds and bushes that colonised the shore line sand bar, but I couldn't see in the dark whether or not the breach led to open water. I'll find that out tomorrow.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment