Thursday 7 June 2018

Check up and catch up

I had my six monthly dental check-up this morning. No repair work was needed. I was home in time for Clare to have the car to drive to her dental check-up at the same surgery. We agreed to ask them to re-schedule our appointments ensuite next time, so we can arrive and depart together with just one journey. Unfortunately Clare scratched another parked car while leaving her parking place on the way home. Making contact with the owner isn't going to be easy, but a passing neighbour helped her to make the first move, as the car owner is away at the moment. What a bother! And all due to me arriving home early enough for her to take the car just as she was about to leave to catch the bus! There can be unforeseen consequences behind every action we take.

I was collected and taken to Pidgeon's chapel to officiate at the funeral, and then we went up to Thornhill cemetery for the interment. With nothing else planned for the rest of the day, I decided to do some catch-up watching. I discovered that I could access a series of episodes of NCIS season 14 which I haven't seen on MY5. Being away for three months without being able to watch UK telly means there's a much greater variety of catch-up programmes to choose from. Funnily enough, living without telly, I find other things to occupy myself, and grow less inclined to to spend quite as much time being entertained as I used to.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment