Sunday 9 September 2018

Good news in Montreux

My farewell Sunday Eucharist this morning. No more locum duty is needed here as an appointment has been made. I don't know who's coming, but the Church Wardens were delighted to make this much of an announcement at the end of the service. Mojacar, Malaga and now Montreux - three places in a row where I have been in post when a prospective Chaplain has visited and later accepted the appointment. It gives me a kind of job satisfaction, daring to think that I have been useful in a small way as part of the process that leads to another priest uprooting themselves and venturing to move to and serve in another community/country. The vacancy in Canton Benefice was filled before I left for Montreux. Thursday this week I return home, with no idea of what comes next in my ever eventful ministerial life. What an adventure!

After lunch I walked to Chateau de Chillon in the sun, annoying myself by losing an unused public transport ticket en route, having noticed it on the return trip and passing it over without realising it was what I dropped. I won't be doing much more travelling around in my final few days. I just have to lie low, rest and look after my affliction in order to be ready for a journey which may or may not be uncomfortable, as I still can't sit properly. But, so far so good.

I watched the four episode of of the BBC autumn season's popular it serial 'Bodyguard'. Yet again a Jed Mercurio story featuring Keely Hawes in which, sad to say, she doesn't make it to the end. The plot thickens however, with much villainy revealed in high places. But is the final resolution of it all going to be entirely in the hands of one lone male outsider/avenger/victim? 

No comments:

Post a Comment