Wednesday 15 April 2020

State of Alarm - day Thirty One

A cloudy day, fairly mild, but humid enough for it to feel cooler indoors than outside. I understand now what a difference having a proper dehumidifier makes, as opposed to just having a heater. In the morning I worked on an article for the monthly chaplaincy magazine 'Ibiza Ibis'. By the time it comes out I'll have been here two months, but still no sign of when it might be possible to go home, and given that the tidal impact of covid-19 infections and deaths is still rising in Britain, it's going to be quite a while before a safe return is possible. 

Jayne came with the week's grocery order while I was out walking my 10k daily circuit after lunch. Lots of fruit and veg, and a kilo of sugar for making more lemon marmalade amongst other things.

Before supper, I made some hummus to use up the remaining chick peas, before I start preparing and cooking a new batch. Two lemons, white tahini, with olive oil and garlic. Very nice!

Another batch of interesting looking albums arrived from Owain. I'm still working my way through the first batch of seven. The SD card on my phone has nearly doubled the amount of music on it in recent days. It's nice to have quiet un-distracted time in which to enjoy listening while walking.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment