Monday 21 March 2022

Mistaken or not?

Another day of beautiful weather, with some cleaning to do after breakfast, then completing this week's Morning Prayer video, the longest one I've done so far, because of the length of the Genesis reading used. I walked over to Pidgeon's for a ride in the hearse to the funeral I was taking at lunchtime. We visited the house in Cathays where the lady who'd died lived for over sixty years, then drove from there to the crem on a back street route, which seemed to take ages. It's a long time since I did this,

After the service, a lady who had attended the service approached me and said she recognised me as the priest who had christened a couple of her children twenty five years ago at St Teilo's Church. At that time I was still in Geneva, so I think she may have been mistaken, unless she got the timing of the years wrong, since my ministry in Central Cardiff Benefice didn't start until the autumn of 2001.

I cooked a chicken dish for lunch when I returned, to go with the veggies Clare prepared, conveniently enough to last two days. After a visit to the bank, I sat with Clare for a while and joined in a Facetime call with Saralee in Seattle. Then I made my way to St German's with two buses, and got there just in time for Stations of the Cross and Mass. Heather gave me a lift as far as Canton Cross on the way back after the service, so I got back in time to listen to 'The Archers' on catch-up and then watched this week's NCIS series 18 new episode before turning in for the night.

Still no breakthrough in halting the terrible Ukraine conflict, though there is speculation on preparations for direct negotiations between Zelensky and Putin, although speculation seems to be about both parties modifying their established positions or their willingness to do so. Pigs might fly too.

No comments:

Post a Comment