Monday 20 November 2023

Control mystery

I woke up in the night to the sound of rain, but by the time I got up for breakfast, sun was shining through the clouds and the ground was drying out. After eating, Monday housework, then editing this week's Sway sending out next Sunday's readings and responding to other emails. I learned yesterday evening that the interviews had taken place for the vacant Ministry Area Leader's post, and received confirmation today of success in appointing someone. Hopefully this will be announced soon along with a licensing date, and a successful interview for other team vacancy will take place. Then I'll be free of local duty commitments, and open to whatever else comes next. It's been quite a demanding year, one way and another.

Clare cooked chicken with veg for my lunch while I was working, and at the last minute I added passata, garlic and a few spices for extra taste. It went well with brown rice. I decided to send an email to Emma at Euro-diocesan HQ to tell her that I'd be free of local commitments and available for locum duty abroad early next year. Just in case.

Then I walked in Thompson's Park and Llandaff Fields until sunset, and got several spectacular cloudy red sky photos, using my Panasonic TZ95. It certainly works quicker than my old Sony HX90, and is more more sophisticated. Figuring out how to access all its features is difficult without rehearsing with the camera manual. The Sony control settings menus were hard enough to fathom, but this one is completely different. I tried reading the manual, before and after supper, but am none the wiser as I couldn't relate what it said to the controls on the back of the camera. It has clever functions but I'm not sure why it should need to use them, but I m determined to learn to do more than use it on auto settings all the time. Mre trial and error time needed, I think.

After supper, I watched a couple of episodes of The Sketch Artist, or Portrait Robot as it's called in French. It's good. Several sub plots running at the same time through the series around interesting characters with dfferent histories of brokenness and quite original as a cop drama series.

No comments:

Post a Comment