Thursday 30 November 2023

Mailchimp frustrations

Awake after a very cold night, just early enough to post today's YouTube link to WhatsApp for Morning Prayer, before BBC Thought for the Day. I snoozed until half past eight then got up for breakfast. I went to the St Andrew's Day Eucharist at St John's and was embarrassed that my phone went off after we'd started, as I forgot to mute the sound before entering the church. It was Father Stewart responding to my email about Basma last night. I couldn't answer the call, but caught up with him after the service. He's happy with my plan to support her asylum application, and will back it with a letter of his own. 

I didn't do my food bank shopping before the service, so I went to the nearby Tesco's afterwards. There's been a special appeal for fruit juices, long life milk and washing up liquid, so I returned to church with a bulky shopping bag weighing about seven kilos. I was able to get a lot for my regular spend, as none of the individual items are bulky. The range of things the food bank needs to stock about and beyond food is extensive, and just as necessary for people coping with having little money coming in.

Time to prepare this week's Mailchimp distribution, with Sway ready for issue, editing the picture on the covering email to something more seasonal. It wasn't as hard as I feared, but I am still having trouble trying to find out how to send a sign up message to a recipient returning as a user whose previous data in Mailchimp has been deleted. I followed the help page instructions Owain sent me but something seems to be missing among the options I could find, and the 'change your subscription' link on the same later doesn't work either. No idea how to fix this. It's frustrating and time wasting just tinkering. 

A also had to complete the video for next week's Morning Prayer, once I realised that I started it and failed to complete it a new days ago. As a result it was gone half past one by the time I started cooking lunch, but Clare had gone Christmas shopping and returned late, as it was almost ready to serve. I finished all my work tasks for the day, researched a new smartphone for my sister which she can order from Tesco's and have delivered to the door pronto, since she already has an on line Tesco grocery account she uses. It was four by the time I'd went out for to walk until dark. 

After supper, Clare wanted to make Bara Brith for the Christmas Fayre, but found she was lacking the dried fruit she needed, so I went out again to get some for her from the Co-op. Then I settled down and watched two more episodes of Swiss crimmie 'Hors Saison' to relax at the end of what was quite a demanding day, one way or another. Just when I thought it was going to be wrapped up in four episodes, there was another surprising plot development linking the main story with a secondary story line, seemingly unrelated, another turn in the tale, sharp as a Swiss mountain hairpin bend in the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment