Tuesday 5 March 2024

On another waiting list

I woke up later than intended this morning, as I had another visit to the School of Optometry to complete the eye test started on my last visit, so I had to drive there instead of walking as I'd intended. At the end of  the test, I was told I'm now be referred to the hospital for a second cataract operation. It means I'll go on a waiting list, with no idea how long it will be before I'm treated. It's better than not being ready for referral. The School's car park was full, so I had to park in Lidl's car park just down the street, convenient enough as there were several items on the grocery shopping list that I could buy before returning home. 

Clare was out at her study group, so I cooked a prawn risotto with mushrooms and broccoli for our lunch  and was pleased with the result. I walked into town and back with no particular aim in mind. Daffodils in their thousands, different varieties of them, are in full bloom along the banks of the Taff, a lovely sight.

I had supper on my own, as Clare was out again for meditation group. Before and after eating I had some work to do on Sway, and completed another couple of talks to for Basma. One I started yesterday turned into two somehow. Then I watched another episode of 'Above Suspicion', a harrowing story of a serial killer who had been so terribly abused as a child that he took vengeance on his prostitute mother and her associates by murdering them all when he grew up, and doing so became addicted to killing women. The man's confession gave an insight into horrible things detectives are witness to, that may not get mentioned in the press if not relevant to obtaining a conviction. The way the abused become abusers is plain to see, as is being played out so tragically in Israel and Palestine, part of a pattern reaching back thirty centuries. Still no sign of a deal being agreed on a cease-fire in Gaza, and accepted by the Israeli government, while things get worse for the victims day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment