Eight and a half hours of good sleep certainly refreshed me and I started the day feeling clear and sharp, cheered by the clear blue sky. It didn't last, once I took my daily medication my brain clouded over and left me with the 'toxic head' that slows me down and reduces my ability to function normally. One thing that mitigates the toxic sensation is a dose of kefir yoghourt to calm the gut. I take some with breakfast, but by the end of the morning the sensation returns. If I take another dose before lunch the symptoms are relieved.
Iran and Oman are finalizing a safe route for shipping through the Straight of Hormuz, on condition the US naval blockade of Iranian ports is lifted. Houthi militias are still targeting Red Sea shipping, attacking Saudi tankers. Israel and Hezbollah in Lebanon continue to attack each other, with the risk of Iran reacting by stopping traffic through the Straight of Hormuz, so the situation in the Middle East remains unstable and uncertain.
Rachel left us to take the train to Kenilworth after breakfast. Clare and I went to St Catherine's for the Eucharist, to give thanks for sixty years of marriage. Disappointingly, there's no service in the Ministry Area to celebrate the Feast of the Transfiguration tomorrow, so we have to make do with today's service commemorating St Oswald instead. Fr Andrew was scheduled to celebrate so I asked if he'd pronounce the beautiful 'Common Worship' Nuptial Blessing over us after we received Communion and printed a copy of the text for him to use, which he did - 'fulfilling all righteousness' as Scripture says, in other words doing justice to the occasion. Indeed, we have so much to give thanks for, a family that gives us joy and delight, so many adventures and challenges overcome, for better and for worse. How could we not be grateful for all the blessings we have received? I was delighted to receive a congratulatory text message from Ruth Honey of the local branch of the Mothers' Union. Fr Andrew must have mentioned this in the service at St John's following ours.
I had an acupuncture appointment immediately after lunch and had to rush to get there. I was five minutes late, lacking the energy to pick up the pace. Or else, I picked the slightly longer less direct route without realising. I'm better as a result of last week's treatment, and think today's will lead to further improvement.
I had a call from the GP surgery in response to my letter to book me in for an appointment straight after I have my blood test next Tuesday. This will give me an opportunity to emphasise what a negative impact the current medication dosage is having on me. Rachel established with the local pharmacy that a lower dosage of the clot busting medication is available. Would that make a different, as it seems I'm so sensitive to these drugs.
My head cleared enough for me to walk for half an hour up and down Llandaff Fields before supper. It's quite breezy this evening, as cool at 18C. Clare went out early to the cinema in Chapter to see Christopher Nolan's new movie 'The Odyssey'. I didn't go with her as I know from previous painful experience that I can't tolerate the loudness of the high definition sound system. A quiet evening for me, at home alone and early bed
No comments:
Post a Comment