Wednesday 27 October 2010

Home making

While I was away, Clare had the carpet fitters in to replace and add in a new section of stairs carpet, so that stairs from hall to attic bedroom are now aglow with a warm colour which blends in well with the different colours of the woodwork. 
She also found me a trolley suitably sized to fit the space next to the desk in my study, to contain my printer and computer main unit. It looks great and now I have extra desktop space. I find it possible to adapt to living and working in an environment less than comfortable if my mind is on other things. It probably does nothing for the quality of my work or life. But when matters gets sorted out by a woman with a good eye for harmony and detail, ordinary things which others may take for granted acquire the delight of luxury. Our new home is proving to be a real blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment