Sunday 24 June 2012

Ends and beginnings

Where better to start my last morning of duties in Cowbridge Benefice than Llansannor, with its 750 year old church, on a site which probably hosted Christian worship for the 750 years before that. Then on to Penllyn for the second service, and home for lunch. I have so much enjoyed my year of doing locums in these Vale Churches, with their deep sense of history and lively if small present day communities. It's so good to hear that Rector, Fr Derek Belcher has now started back to work, and will be joined by a new colleague in just a couple of weeks.

By way of contrast, next Sunday I will be in a region of Spain with many equally ancient churches and lively worshipping communities, but serving three English speaking congregations which hardly existed fifteen years ago, but have grown into a life of their own, just as Gingins grew into the chaplaincy of La Cote over the same period. I'm still at the stage of feeling nervous as well as excited, because it's hard to know exactly how to prepare to meet and engage with so many unknowns, all in one go.

This afternoon we went over to Bristol to see Amanda and James, then when we returned, we went out for a meal in the highly rated Cardamom restaurant opposite St Luke's in Canton. We were impressed and promised ourselves that we will return, to enjoy more of their interesting a wide variety of Indian food. Then, it was back to work preparing for departure.

I've decided that while I'm away, this blog will take a break.

Instead, I shall be posting from a new site to match my new location.


will find me.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment