Thursday 14 March 2024

Video perils

I woke up at seven and set about posting today's Morning Prayer YouTube video link to Whats App, and discovered in the nick of time that I'd mistakenly uploaded last week's video twice, and disguised it with an image to represent this week's video. Ooops! I dashed downstairs, turned on the internet and my laptop, found today's video, uploaded it to YouTube, and posted the new link. I was back in bed within fifteen minutes, and dozed with the radio on until nearly nine.

After breakfast, I walked to St John's and celebrated the Eucharist with five others. Over coffee afterwards Ruth and I shared experiences of mishaps when recording Morning Prayer; hubby starting hoovering, vans or noisy ambulances out in the street, forgetting to stop a recording promptly and including remarks like 'Thank heavens that's done now.' Unfortunately she hasn't mastered the art of simple editing, so errors can't be removed, so she has to re-record. How daunting.

I returned from church and cooked lunch. Afterwards, I read my Spanish novel for an hour, then went into town on foot, but it started to rain, so I waited underneath the awning outside the Danish bakery and coffee shop on Romilly Road, until I caught sight of a 61 bus, then ran seventy yards to the stop, just in time. I popped into Cardiff Camera Centre to see if there were any second hand Olympus E-M10.2 cameras for sale.  There was one but it was £480, out of my price range sadly, as my E-M10.2 is so old there's no interest in taking it in part exchange. I also had a look for bargains in John Lewis', but again prices are high at the moment. It's a matter of wait and see.

As I was going into the store I had a phone call from a very excited Basma, to say that her asylum request has been granted so it's possible to go ahead with her baptism on Easter Eve. It's now a question of making the arrangements. I don't know whether there'll be an Easter Vigil in Roath Ministry Area. I hope it will be at St German's. I called Fr Stewart, but had to leave him a voice message. As I have no commitments, I'll be able to participate in her baptism. She's keen for me to do it as I've been preparing her for this great day, the climax of a thirty year journey on her part. 

I made my way home avoiding the worst of the rain as best I could, but still got pretty wet. After supper with nothing better to do I watched another episode of 'Bones', and then read some more before turning in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment