Wednesday 27 February 2013

Route 61 - the other direction

This week I have to take two funerals. For one, I was able to make preparations over the phone with the next of kin, for the other, it was necessary to visit the family at home out in Pentrebane, close to the end of the 61 bus route from town. It gave me an opportunity to ride in the opposite direction for the first time, and this took me into a Parish on the Western edge of Cardiff I'm unfamiliar with. 

Walking the last quarter mile from the bus stop was a bitterly cold experience. I was glad of a cup of tea when I arrived at the house. An hour later I was on my way back, although this time, looking for another bus, a 62  or 102 that would take me back via Llandaff, as I wanted to go into College. This time, a ten minute wait for a 102 at the end of my walk, so I was grateful the bus was well heated.

After lunch in College I attended the monthly strategy meeting of the admin and teaching staff for the first time. I came away with a vivid impression of just how complex College life is to organise, with residential and non residential courses, Chaplaincy Studies courses, in-service ministry training events and conferences - this week the College was welcoming a residential meeting of the National Society (religious education in schools) for two days. The College admin team isn't very big, but it sure is efficient!

After the meeting another bus trip into town for a couple of hours at the CBS office, before supper and a quiet evening at home away from the chilly outdoors.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment