Tuesday 9 December 2014

Delta afternoon

This morning, I went down to El Portico, to meet Paul and discuss his Sunday sermon. I was surprised to find that the shop was closed for business, due to a water leak in the apartment upstairs flooding the shop floor. I found the shop team across the road, chatting and drinking coffee together, waiting for the plumber who'd been summoned to arrive. Paul and I retreated to empty shop for our chat, until it was time to lock up and go home. Then, I got to complete my week's grocery shopping, cook and early lunch and then head up to the Deltebre for some bird watching. 

The weather was perfect, and despite an occasionally strong wind, it wasn't too cold. In one flooded rice paddy I saw a pair of ospreys. One was perched on a power line, the other on hunting patrol. I caught the latter on camera on the return leg of the journey, although the photo isn't wonderful. In two of the Tancada Wildlife Reserve salinas there were hundreds upon hundreds of flamingos, all bunched up close together in a particular area. From 200 metres away they looked as if they were huddling together to protect themselves from the wind. It was a delightful refreshing afternoon. You'll find photos here.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment