Friday 23 January 2015

Mail order frustration

A week last Tuesday 14th January, I bought a large format mobile phone by my sister from the Easy Life Group internet store, that promised delivery in two working days. Friday l7th I received an email stating that the order had been dispatched. After a week of waiting in for the delivery, nothing has been received. The company advertises an order tracking service. It's not working. Rather than pay to make an enquiry via an 0800 number, I have emailed the company three times at two different and received no response. Clare has used this Kent based mail order company before and admitted that sometimes they were a bit slow delivering, but how slow is slow?

When I was young, mail services were consistent and reliable, and if you were out you could rely on the postman leaving it with a neighbour or calling again the following day. Now there are competing services of a very variable nature, so that waiting for a parcel to arrive no longer has any degree of consistency about it. Therefore I am reluctant to place any trust in mail order trading, and prefer to buy goods whenever possible in real shops. The exception this is travel tickets, where I have most experience of on-line purchase over 20 years.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment