Thursday 19 February 2015

Publisher revived

Another Eucharist to celebrate this morning at St John's in Canton, followed by a cup of coffee with the congregation afterwards. I learned from the lady sitting next to me that she and her husband have an autumn time-share in Nerja close to where the chaplain's residence is located. Such a small world. 

After lunch, I had a meeting at the CBS office, which left me with some ideas in need of following up. I came home at the end of the day with a new assignment to work on, re-shaping some of my articles on the business for a fresh edition of our 'CBS Network' magazine. I could hardly believe when I checked that it's two years and three months since the last issue.

My various Spanish sojourns didn't stop me working remotely, but did deprive me of the version of MS Publisher I've used for over ten years. I have a fair amount of experience in preparing material with it, and am not keen on having to acquire new software when the old works so well, nor apply myself to un-necessarily re-learning skills I already have with an existing program. It's hugely annoying that different versions of Publisher are file incompatible. It would have been hard to switch work in progress from one machine with Publisher to another.

By the time I stopped to conclude the day in prayer, just one piece remained to finish and insert. I was pleased with my work but so stimulated by the mental effort that I don't expect to get to sleep any time soon.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment