Wednesday 25 February 2015

Meeting down the Bay

I went to the midweek Eucharist at St Catherine's this morning, celebrated by Fr Phelim, who once more invited me to assist him with the chalice at Communion. Then, a visit to the bank to deposit a cheque, followed by a haircut at Constantinou's next door. 

I always enjoy my time with the boss as he snips away and tells daft jokes. Today when I arrived he offered me a chunk of cold, savoury Greek sausage to eat, as he was snacking in between clients, and pleased to share the good things of life. I prefer to let my hair grow long when I'm away, rather than visit a different local gents barber.

After a quick lunch, a trip on the number six bus down the Bay with Ashley to County Hall for an early afternoon meeting to discuss our plans for the next development phase of CBS, which I've been working on now for several weeks. It was a good meeting confirming that we can obtain facts and figures to help us redesign our offer to subscribers, encouragement that means we are going in the right direction.

On the way back to the office we got off the bus at the stop outside John Lewis' and popped into the store to look for new equipment, Ashley was accosted by one of their loss prevention personnel to examine one of their radios, and I headed back to the office, stopping on the way to buy a pair of shoes in Clarke's grand Arcade shop. Not the kind of thing I do very often. At the end of our work session I made my way to Westgate Street to get the sixty-one bus home and noticed how much lighter it was on Ash Wednesday, a week ago. That's one of the nicer features of Lent, and generally the clocks go forward an hour by the time it's Easter.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment