Thursday 12 March 2015

Processing

This afternoon in the office I finally had time to finish the task of getting our new domain names verified for linkage with the two Google based websites I run for work purposes. It was a fiddly process, which took an age to figure out how to do with the help of the Cymru Domain Name service support guy, and I still made mistakes. It's not an easy process for anyone not fully versed in the jargon and routines required to make these things work, and they take a certain time to activate before they will work. 

I understand this level of scrupulosity is required to ensure nobody can misuse or otherwise hijack a domain name, but I don't have sufficient zeal or patience for the performance these days. I have a job convincing myself that such effort really matters to me any more. I've done it in the past, I have nothing to prove to myself or anyone else. Right now I feel too apprehensive to check if domain configuration has worked because if they don't, finding out where the error is will mean more bewilderment and time consumed on my part.

Consolation of the day, my clearance certificate arrived from the Disclosure and Barring service, which leads to an extension of my Europe diocesan Permission to Officiate for a further five years, in good time for my next spell in Nerja.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment