Tuesday 12 January 2016

Change of pattern

Chi Gung classes re-started Tuesday evening. I was delighted to hear that there was going to be a Tai Chi class afterwards from now on. Since Clare's Thursday evening study circle stopped, I've given up going to the Thursday Tai Chi class in Penarth. After a long break, the chance to re-start learning the Short Form on the same evening is most welcome. It'll be fairly tiring, to do one class after another, but that's an incentive to take it easy during the day, in preparation. I can still remember most of the Short Form, and this'll be my third time to start again, but I'm happy with this. There is such a depth to the postures and the movement in any Tai Chi form, that there's endless room for perfection of the art, and for self-discovery through the learning process.

I couldn't stop for the second class this week, as Clare and I had decided to eat at Stefano's restuarant after the first class, rather than cook hurriedly on her return from choir and mine from Chi Gung, as we usually do. Clare had swordfish, and I had a huge plate of lasagne, more than I needed for an evening meal. If only it was really convenient for both of us to eat our main meal in the middle of the day. Our eating habits remain much the same as they were when the children were young and returning home for a main meal after school. Now, although we're not in employment, we're both busy in the middle of the day, and don't always overlap in eating lunch together. In some ways, retirement life patterns are more varied that the ones we had when both of us were in a work routine.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment