Monday 21 May 2018

Uprooting

More washing, floor cleaning, bed making, and some salsa cooking, to use up veggies I'd bought in excess, plus sandwich making for the journey. A big portion of salsa I consigned to the freezer, and ate the rest for supper. Once I had everything under control I went for a last walk around town, and hunted for some lavender water, requested by my sister. I remembered there being a shop that would most likely sell the stuff, right next door to the Parish Church of St John the Baptist, but at the time I got there, all was still closed for siesta. 

Then it started to rain, and I cursed my luck, having left some washing out on the balcony to dry. I took refuge in 'Dulces Dreams' a small cafe opposite Dos Martires Parish Church, a favourite with Clare and I, which serves excellent Ethiopian coffee. By the time I'd finished, the sun was out and shops were opening up for the evening. I bought the lavender water, and the proprietor packed it for me so it could go in my hold luggage. Triumphant, I headed back to the apartment, and was relieved to find that the washing was dry anyway, so maybe the few spots of rain didn't extend as far as the Plaza de Toros.

By ten, my suitcase was packed securely, a little heavier than when I came, owing to two gifts of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil from the Competa Valley, plus a pack of Mercadona's Colombiano Arabica coffee, which is one of their better offerings. Now, I must get some shuteye on the sofa. Not the best kind of sleep, but I can make up for it tomorrow.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment