Saturday 26 May 2018

Photo catchup

Clare heard that the Council's Bute Park plant nursery was having a sale, so we walked over there at the end of the morning and purchased a few more additions to her delightfully colourful flower beds and then had lunch in the small courtyard cafe which is at the public entrance to the interpretation centre and greenhouses. I was glad to have taken along my Sony Alpha 68, as the wealth of colour displayed in the array of bedding plant trays was spectacular. My photos can be seen here.

Later in the afternoon I took the bus to town, to buy a lens filter, with some birthday present money, having discovered that I have three 55mm lenses but only two filters. I also took with me my Lumix LX5, little used these days, except that for the past three years I have kept it in service to record the Central Square building redevelopment, taking advantage of its fairly wide angle lens. Last used back in February, and probably charged in January before that, I was surprised to discover that the battery still had enough power to shoot twenty odd pictures, and still only display as half full. Perhaps this is because it doesn't have GPS, NFC, Bluetooth or Wi-fi built in for sending photos to another device. It's a plain digital compact camera, robust with a touch of sophistication about it. 

The only tower crane now in the Central Square construction sites serves the HMRC building, whose steel structure has grown very rapidly during the three months I've been away. When I left, only the cores of the two lift shafts were nearing completion. The exterior structure of the new buildings on the south side of Wood Street is now finished, but the entire site is still cordoned off, as paving has to be laid and entrances completed. All that remains now if for a start to be made on the bus station, intended to occupy the remaining empty site in front of the station. These photos can be seen here

No comments:

Post a Comment