Monday 8 October 2018

Life on hold

Another day of not doing much, determined by the continued discomfort caused by this unhealed wound and untreated condition. Some days are better than others, but it's demoralising not having any acknowledgement from the hospital consultancy which did the colonoscopy of the two urgent requests made by my GP for an early appointment. We hear a lot about waiting time delays for this or that condition in the news these days. The system is under great strain, so I'm in the same boat as thousands of others, just not knowing, wondering how long before there's any movement. 

I had hoped it would get better on its own, but not so. Sister in law Ann says it's most likely rectifiable by simple day surgery. I could probably pay to have this done privately, but that would feel like disloyalty to the NHS, such a marvellous institution, coping heroically with underfunding and over demand, particularly from people my age and older. Well, maybe if I get desperate, or get a definite response which says I have to wait another six months, which is the time I had to wait last time, I'll just have to pay. Life on hold, being unable to make plans is a real misery for an impatient soul like me.

Due to the necessity of sitting in an unbalanced may, my back is twinging, unsurprisingly, so I got in touch with Kay, our McTimoney osteopath and found that she's out of action due to injury. Clare had once been to a local practitioner who lives ten minutes walk from here, the other side of Thompson's park, Clive Taylor so I arranged to go and see him this evening. It was a very thorough introductory session and treatment, and I came away conscious of the benefit. One of his colleagues also does acupuncture so I must enquire about that too. My energy levels are dropping with the sheer stress of have to cope with this most awkward of afflictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment